Yeah, ham is good and all in split pea soup, but why not make some pork confit instead?
是啊,火腿很好吃,而且都是用豌豆汤做的,但是为什么不做点肉馅呢?
You're gonna start by roughly chopping up some yellow onions.
首先粗略地切一些黄的洋葱。
It is totally cool to leave the peeling on there because think of it as the fat that it's being rendered in is like a stock,
把去皮的部分留在那里是很酷的,因为把去皮的部分想象成肥肉,就像高汤一样,
it's gonna be nice and flavored up with these vegetables.
用这些蔬菜调味会很美味的。
乐比悠悠动画片全集
Next, hit it with a few garlic cloves, and for some aromatics and herbs, some fresh thyme.
接下来,加入一些蒜瓣、一些香料和香草、一些新鲜的百里香。
Next some fresh rosemary, and then we're last but not least gonna hit it off with a bay leaf.
下一道菜是新鲜的迷迭香,最后一道菜是月桂叶。
Let's take a look, we've got some pork tenderloins here, nice and lean, but they're cooked in its own fat,
让我们来看看,我们这里有一些猪里脊,很好很瘦,但是它们是用自己的油做的,
so it's going to be very, very flavorful.
所以会非常非常美味。
So what I like to do is really just cut them in half so they're easy to fit right in that pan,
所以我喜欢做的就是把它们切成两半,这样它们就很容易放进锅里,
and we're not trying to shove 'em in there.
我们并不想把它们塞进去。
We're gonna generously season it with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
我们要用海盐和新鲜的黑胡椒粉来调味。
Make sure it is seasoned up well.
一定要调好味。
Now go ahead and add it right to the pot with all those vegetables and those herbs.
现在把它和所有的蔬菜和香草一起放进锅里。
Push it down a little bit because here's what's next.
往下推一点,因为这是下一步。
We're gonna coat it in olive oil, and we want it to cover it completely, so make sure the pork is submerged.
我们要把它涂上橄榄油,我们想让它完全覆盖住,所以一定要把猪肉浸泡在油里。
It won't work well if not.
如果不这样,它就不能很好地起效果。
So next go over to the oven.
接下来我们来看看烤箱。
We're gonna pop it in there on 300 degrees.
我们要在300度的时候把它放进去。
It's going to take about four hours.
大概需要4个小时。
And it's just like I always say.
就像我常说的那样。
天津一中心Once you start understanding some of these techniques, like the process of confitting, the technique,
一旦你开始理解了其中的一些技巧,比如配菜的过程、技巧,
you can make anything homemade from scratch and it will always taste better than anything you get from a store,
你可以从零开始自制任何东西,它总是比你从商店买的任何东西都好吃,
and more times than not, a restaurant.
更多的时候不是在餐馆里吃东西。
You can confit anything, beef, vegetables, chicken.
你可以做任何东西,牛肉、蔬菜、鸡肉。
It's all about cooking in its own fat.
这一切都是关于烹饪本身的肉。
It will be crispy, it will be tender, it will be juicy, and it's gonna blow your mind.
它将是脆的、它将是嫩的、它将是多汁的,它会让你大吃一惊。
After about an hour or so, let's go ahead and take a look.
大约一个小时后,让我们去看看。
You see the oil is boiling.
你看,油沸腾了。
Our pork is cooking and crisping up, and breaking down.
我们的猪肉正在煮、变脆、分解。
What we're gonna do now is make our soup, this is great timing.
我们现在要做的是汤,这是个好时机。
So what we need to do is medium dice up an onion, so start by slicing it in half, peeling it,
我们要做的是把洋葱切成中等大小,先把它切成两半,然后去皮,
and then of course, medium dicing it.
然后当然是把它切成中等大小。
If you need help on your knife cuts, be sure to check out this video.
如果你需要帮助你的刀切,一定要看看这个视频。
Next of course, carrots.
接下来当然是胡萝卜。
We're going to peel them.
我们要去皮。
Again, medium dice.
同样的,也是切成中等大小。
We're looking for a basic mirepoix, onions, celery, carrots, so just like I said, next is celery.
我们正在寻一种基本的调味汁,洋葱、芹菜、胡萝卜,就如我说的,接下来是芹菜。
Medium dice those as well, and because these are being sweat together, not caramelized separately,
把这些也切成中等大小,因为它们是一起用文火熬的,而不是分开焦糖化的,
go ahead and add 'em all to the same bowl.
把它们都放到一个碗里。
Next what we're going to do is add some garlic to a garlic press.
接下来我们要做的是往大蒜压榨机里加入一些大蒜。
I hate chopping garlic and this is way easier to use, my friends, so go ahead and do it.
我讨厌切大蒜,而这更容易使用,朋友们,所以尽管去做吧。
Make sure to scrape off every little tidbit, and now we're going over to our cooktop.
一定要把所有的小颗粒都刮下来,现在我们要回到我们的炉灶上。
I've got a very large pot here.
我这里有一个很大的锅。
Gonna add in some unsalted butter, and we want to make sure that it's melted before we add in all of those vegetables.
加入一些无盐黄油,我们要确保在加入蔬菜之前黄油已经融化了。
Be sure to get 'em all in there, and again, I said we're only gonna sweat.
一定要把它们都弄进去,再说一遍,我说过我们要用文火熬。
We're not gonna caramelize.
济南婴儿游泳馆我们不会焦糖化。
We're just gonna cook 'em on medium to low heat, get them a little bit tender,
我们要用中火或小火来烹饪,让它们变得嫩一点,
家庭美食食谱100例下载because
at this point it's really important to deglaze with some white wine, and you know my rules on wine.
因为在这一点上,用白葡萄酒去釉是非常重要的,你知道我对葡萄酒的规则。
If you ain't gonna drink it, don't you dare cook with it.
如果你不想喝,就别用它来做饭。
I've got a Chardonnay here, it's a little bit dry, but gonna add a lot of body and flavor to this.
我准备了一瓶霞多丽酒,它有点干,但会给它增加很多口感和味道。
We're gonna cook it until the liquid is completely absorbed and almost gone, just like this.
我们要把它煮熟,直到液体完全吸收,几乎消失,就像这样。
多层蛋糕And at this point I've got some peas that I'm gonna throw in there.
在这一点上,我有一些豌豆,我要放进去。
It's gonna take it to a whole new level, my friends.
我的朋友们,这将是一个全新的阶段。
Let me just stop and say the process of adding fresh peas,
让我停下来,说一下加入新鲜的豌豆,
instead of just split dried peas is gonna enhance the flavor of this to a whole 'nother level.
而不是干裂的豌豆,会把味道提升到另一个层次。
Definitely do not skip this step and go straight to dried split peas.
千万不要跳过这一步,直接吃干豌豆。
I promise you, you will love this.
我保证,你会喜欢的。
And of course, the next thing we're gonna do is add in our dried split peas.
当然,接下来我们要做的是加入干豌豆。
This is where you get that flavor from.
这就是那种味道的来源。
They break down, you get that nice, thick soup.
它们分解了,你就得到了美味的浓汤。
This, my friends, is definitely where it comes from.
朋友们,这就是它的由来。
Pour about 2 1/2 cups in there, or one pound.
倒入大约2又1/2杯,或者1磅。
Next, hit it with some chicken stock.
接下来,加一些鸡汤。
I've got some homemade, check out this recipe if you need it.
我有一些自制的,如果你需要,看看这个食谱。
And then we're going to let it simmer on low to medium heat.
然后用中火慢炖。
It's gonna take about 60 to 90 minutes, somewhere in between there, but we are gonna come back periodically,
大概需要60到90分钟,介于两者之间,但我们会定期回来,
every 15 to 20 minutes, and check on it.
每15到20分钟检查一次。
You can see that it begins to break down, but really, the point you want it at is right here.
你可以看到它开始分解,但实际上,你想要的点在这里。
It's mostly broken down, you see the peas.
大部分都分解了,你看豌豆。
It's gonna continue to do that.
它会继续这样分解。
With about 20 minutes or so left in the cooking process, we're gonna add in some potatoes,
还有20分钟左右的时间,我们要加入一些土豆,
so start by peeling up some Russets.
首先给赤褐的马铃薯去皮。
Then we're going to
large dice them,
然后我们要把它们切成大块,
put 'em in a bowl just so it's easier to carry and you're not spilling potatoes all over the floor.
把它们放在碗里,这样便于移动,也不会把土豆洒得满地都是。
Your spouse might hurt you if that's the case, and then head over to our soup, add them in there, and like I said,
如果是这样的话,你的配偶可能会伤害你,然后去我们的汤那里,把它们加进去,就像我说的,
we're gonna cook 'em for 20 minutes or until tender,
我们要煮20分钟,或者直到变软,
but this is great timing, 'cause let's come check out that pork confit.
但这是个好时机,让我们来看看猪肉酱。
Whoa, holy smokes is this good.
天啊,真好吃。
We're gonna take each pork out and set it on a plate.
我们把每一块猪肉都拿出来放在盘子里。
What we want to do is reverse sear these,
我们要做的是把它们反过来烤,
so I'm going right over to a large saute pan that's on high heat and is already smokin' hot.
我现在要用一个大煎锅,它的温度很高,已经很烫了。
I'm gonna add the pork in there because I want to get a nice golden brown on each side,
我要把猪肉放进去,因为我想让每一面都变成漂亮的金黄,
maybe two to three minutes per side, that's it.
每边大概2到3分钟,就这样。
Flip it over, you can see that beautiful, beautiful golden brown, fantastic.
把它翻过来,你可以看到非常漂亮、非常漂亮的金黄,非常棒。
Now we want to shred it, so head over to your cooktop, and just like in a pulled pork video recipe,
现在我们要把它切成碎片,所以去你的厨房,就像在猪肉拉丝的视频食谱中一样,
I'm going to shred it using a few different forks.
我要用几个不同的叉子把它切成碎片。
Be sure to try it, because this is so incredibly delicious and honestly, even better than pulled pork.
一定要尝一尝,因为这道菜实在是太好吃了,老实说,甚至比猪肉还要好吃。
Head back over to your soup, start adding it in there.
回到你的汤那里,开始把它加进去。
Oh, gosh, it's just seriously so good, you guys.
天啊,你们真是太棒了。
You're gonna absolutely love it.
你一定会喜欢的。
Using a spoon, fold it in together, get it completely combined, and then season it up with salt and pepper.
用勺子搅拌它们,完全混合,然后用盐和胡椒粉调味。
The reason I wait until the very end is because the pork is salty, and I want to make sure this tastes perfectly.
我一直等到最后的原因是因为猪肉是咸的,我想确保它的味道是完美的。
Now let's head over to your countertop.
现在我们到工作台上去。
I'm gonna stop and let me say don't you dare throw away this confit fat.
我要停下来,让我说你不敢扔掉这该死的脂肪。
卫岗牛奶好吗
I've seen this in huge vats in restaurants, a
nd they are confitting everything.
我在餐馆的大桶里见过,他们把一切都弄得乱七八糟。
It is so juicy, so succulent.
它非常多汁。
Succulent?
多汁?
It's just absolutely amazing, so what you're gonna do is strain it through a fine chinois strainer.
这是绝对惊人的,所以你要做的是过滤它,通过一个良好的chinois过滤器。
Once it is, make sure you get all of that goodness out of there, and then put it in the refrigerator.
一旦做好了,一定要把所有的食物都拿出来,然后放进冰箱。
It will last up to one month, but if you're using it more often, it will last even longer.
它可以使用一个月,但如果你经常使用它,它会持续更长的时间。
I've seen this stuff cooked in for over a year.
我已经看到这东西煮了一年多了。
It will stay that good, get more seasoned up as you add more things in there.
它会一直那么好,随着你添加更多的东西,它会变得更丰富。
It's seriously, this is gold, my friends.
说真的,这是黄金,我的朋友们。
Do not throw this away, I can't say it enough.
不要把这个扔掉,我说不够。
Now, and now for some super slow mode plating up.
现在,现在用超级慢的速度盛起来。
I'm adding the soup to a small bowl.
我正在把汤加到一个小碗里。
It doesn't really matter what you put it in as long as you can eat it, my friends.
朋友们,只要你能吃,放什么都没关系。
And maybe I saved a little leftover pork confit and ate it on the side, but I thought it'd be a really nice garnish,
也许我还留了一点剩下的肉馅,放在一边吃,但我觉得它会是很好的配菜,
and get some creme fraiche because it is gonna add so much awesome creamy flavor to this soup,
再来点鲜奶油,因为这会给这道汤增加很多奶油味,
you aren't going to believe it.
你不会相信的。